The privacy of our members is very important to us, and we feel that each individual member should know how their personal information as provided to the Company is being used and how they in turn can further protect that privacy.
- What information is collected and why
- How that information is used
- Options offered with regard to limited sharing of private information, as well as
- The security and confidentiality of each member’s personal data
The Company collects information for the purpose of providing each of its members with quality education and product. Only information that is voluntarily given by the Company’s members at its events is collected. Forms filled out voluntarily by members at each event include the following information: member name, mailing and email address, telephone number, credit card and checking account information, personal financial information as well as business partner information, and other information.
-How That Information Is Used-
The Company uses the information voluntarily provided by its members to further provide, protect, improve, and maintain its educational product, as well as to help develop new material for future events. This information is also used to tailor specific products and services to the needs of individual members, such as providing members with information relevant to them and their investment goals.
Personal information of members is not shared with companies, organizations, or any other individual outside of the Company, except in the event of the following circumstances:
- Everyday Business Purposes
The Company uses member information when processing member transactions, maintaining accounts, and when responding to court orders or any other legal investigation as required by law.
- External Processing
- Legal Reasons
The Company will share information with external organizations, companies, or other individuals if it believes that it is necessary for the following reasons:
- When meeting the requests of any legal process, enforceable government, regulation, or applicable law;
- To address, detect, or prevent technical and security issues, or fraud;
- For the purposes of protecting the rights, safety, and property of both the Company and its members, or the public as permitted or required by law.
- Marketing from Other Companies
The Company will share personal member information with its partners or other trusted business and affiliates for the purposes of marketing educational products and services that are deemed relevant. These trusted partners and affiliates are bound by confidentiality agreements, and do not have any right to share or distribute the personal information of the Company’s members. Members do have the right to either limit or even eliminate the sharing of their individual information by choosing to opt out, as detailed below. A list of the Company’s trusted partners and affiliates can be obtained upon request.
Members can choose to opt out to the Company sharing their personal information for the purposes of marketing efforts by other companies and trusted affiliates by writing to the Company on the matter. Please send opt out requests to Privacy Matters, c/o NAREI, 235 Peachstreet NE, Suite 400, Atlanta GA 30303.
-Security and Confidentiality-
The Company and each of its affiliates works hard to protect both its members and itself from any unauthorized access or alteration, destruction, and disclosure of personal information. Particularly:
- The Company regularly reviews its collection of information, and the storage and processing practices. It also reviews its physical security measures to protect against any unauthorized system access, and to further ensure the integrity and confidentiality of the collected data.
- The Company restricts and limits access to personal information only to Company employees, agents, and contractors who need to know that information for the purposes of Company processing. This individuals are all subject to strict confidentiality obligations by contract, and may be disciplined or terminated if there is any failure to adhere to and meet these obligations.
-Application and Enforcement-
-Changes in This Policy-